Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Which Visual IDE is the best for web service programming?

Which Visual IDE is the best for web service programming?

YaKs

Hi everybody!

Nowdays in my company, we are trying to choose one language to use for
almost every new project.

We have mainly two points to take into account:
* fast and easy development
* easy way to create and deploy web services.

Of course the reliable, scalability, security, interoperatibity and
multi-platform are also consider.

I programmed in JAVA one year and a half ago and now I am programming
in C# and I have seen how easy and fast is to create a web service
making use of .NET architecture.

could somebody tell any visual IDE as easy as Visual Studio to programm
Web Services? WebSphere? WebLogic? JBorland?

if somebody also tell me good reasons to use JAVA instead of .NET I
will be very grateful to you.

Thanks in advance.
Jose

ziki

Some reasons for java:
1) cross platform !
2) a lot of open sourse applications (money saving), alot of user
manals
3) alot of free IDE's (money saving)
4) you can choose what webservise container to use

you need more reasons ?

Noah Fiedel

Hi Jose,
At my company we use a mix of different IDEs depending on developer
preference. More importantly, we have a standardized "Stack" of
applications, libraries, and components, all Java based. For web
services, we have found that the Apache foundation open-source projects
meet our needs well.
J2EE Container: Tomcat 5.x
Web Services Layer: AXIS
XML<->Java data binding (when not done automatically w/AXIS):
XMLBeans.

As for IDEs, your experience level and preferences will make a big
difference. More important than IDEs is source control/revision
tracking. How many developers will be working on the system and with
what type of schedule? CVS is a nice, easy to use, and free option.
Both Eclipse and NetBeans have excellent CVS support built-in.

Cheers,
Noah

Roedy Green

On 4 Oct 2005 03:23:46 -0700, "YaKs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>if somebody also tell me good reasons to use JAVA instead of .NET I
>will be very grateful to you.

The main reason is you don't trust Microsoft. You have been screwed by
them too many times in past and are not about to hand your balls to
them on a plate. They have the legal right to pull the plug on Mono
any time they please if you think that is a safeguard.

The second reason is you are interested in multiplatform
implementation on tiny to gigantic machines, not just the Windows
desktop series. With the coming cellphone and wireless PDA revolution
the future will require more and more integration of desktop, server
and wireless machines.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On 4 Oct 2005 09:14:22 -0700, "ziki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>1) cross platform !
>2) a lot of open sourse applications (money saving), alot of user
>manals
>3) alot of free IDE's (money saving)
>4) you can choose what webservise container to use
>
>you need more reasons ?

5) cheap outsourcing from India, Russia, eastern Europe etc.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.