Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java, Terminals

Java, Terminals

Marcelo

Hi,

I am having a very hard time here trying to figure out how to fix this
problem with java.

I am working with many computers connected by a LAN. To use them I
should connect my computer with a ssh connection.

I would like to connect to the machine_1 and launch a thread (calling a
program to be executed), then I would like to login in machine_X and run
another thread. Everything, without loosing the information that
machine_1 gives me.

I am using the Process class in order to execute
rt.exec("ssh -X machine");
However, the threads only runs on the application host...

How can I resolve this?

thank you very much,

Marcelo

Roedy Green

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:46:54 +0200, Marcelo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
or quoted :

>How can I resolve this?

you need a piece of code that lets you login via telnet/ssh to remote
machine and pretend to be the typist with Java methods. You are
trying to do too indirectly.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ssh.html

Surely one of those links will do it for you.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.