Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Send SOAP request via a defined socket

Send SOAP request via a defined socket

oziris

Hi,

Is there a way to send a SOAP request (invoke) (via HTTP) in a TCP
socket?
The reason is complex so excuse me do not give more details.

Don't hesitate to slap me if I talk nonsense, may be notably because
HTTP and TCP are not 2 protocols of the same TCP/IP layer.

I work with Axis.

Please redirect me if this message is off-board.

Thanks.
-o--

Roedy Green

On 30 Sep 2005 07:00:52 -0700, "oziris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>Is there a way to send a SOAP request (invoke) (via HTTP) in a TCP
>socket?

I don't think there is any other possibility. SOAP by definition uses
HTTP protocol, and HTTP always runs over TCP/IP every time I have seen
it.

At least in any ordinary situation.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Mike Schilling

"Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 30 Sep 2005 07:00:52 -0700, "oziris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote or quoted :
>
>>Is there a way to send a SOAP request (invoke) (via HTTP) in a TCP
>>socket?

> I don't think there is any other possibility. SOAP by definition uses
> HTTP protocol,

Not quite. The most common implementation of SOAP is SOAP-over-HTTP, but
SOAP can also be run over JMS, SMTP, MSMQ, etc.

> and HTTP always runs over TCP/IP every time I have seen
> it.

Ste

Remember SOAP is just a simple xml based messaging protocol.. it has nothing
to do with HTTP or other network protocol.

As long as you send a valid soap XML message and the socket endpoint sends
you back a valid soap XML message. You are doing SOAP messaging.

Thus you can open any socket connection and pump raw soap xml down it. Of
course the socket endpoint must be listening and expecting the data
otherwise its not going to work.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...