Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > jpinscp.dll error with Java applets

jpinscp.dll error with Java applets

pbuchheit@hotmail.com

I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
at www.oneglobe.com . It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Thank you -- PaulB

Andrew Thompson

> I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
> at www.oneglobe.com .

Where exactly? I visited that URL then followed a few
links but did not see any applet. Copy/paste the URL
of one such applet page.

>.. It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
> 1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

TooManyScaryBunniesError? That's serious.

Something else perhaps? Maybe you could expand,
and be more specific.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

> Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Probably not without an exact URL and more detail
on that 'error'. Though you might check further/report
it here <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/bugs>.

As an aside, from
<http://www.oneglobe.com/language/chi003/index.php>
"Use Internet Explorer, allow Popups for oneglobe.com"

'Use Internet Explorer, ..'

Get stuffed.

' allow Popups for oneglobe.com'

You must be kidding! Fix your broken-ass web site.

Roedy Green

On 29 Sep 2005 19:27:40 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote or quoted :

>an error in jpinscp.dll

The key to the mystery is what error? Have you a stack trace or error
massage?

You did not mention signing. Such an Applet should be signed because
of the potential for spying.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On 29 Sep 2005 19:27:40 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote or quoted :

>I'm using a Java voice recording applet in my Online Language Assistant
>at www.oneglobe.com . It works OK in IE and Opera, but Firefox (1.0,
>1.0.5, 1.5 beta) crashes with an error in jpinscp.dll .

I found the app. It would not let me use my name, Roedy, saying it was
in use. I typed that I wanted to practice English with the computer.
It asked me to say something and it gave a word-for-word translation
into Spanish.I saw no error mentioning jpinscp.dll

Presumably I won't see that as the client. This a server side problem,
right?

I don't even know what I am supposed to type to trigger the error.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.