Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > RAR Files

RAR Files

John Smith

Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

Thanks

Jon

Roedy Green

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:35:01 +0100, "John Smith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

It looks as if the format is proprietary. The best you could hope for
is a rar library like PkZip puts out for its proprietary formats.

http://www.winrar-rog.com/einfo/features.html
I don't see any sign of it or even a free reader.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Oliver Wong

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:35:01 +0100, "John Smith"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :
>
>>Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

> It looks as if the format is proprietary. The best you could hope for
> is a rar library like PkZip puts out for its proprietary formats.
>
> http://www.winrar-rog.com/einfo/features.html
> I don't see any sign of it or even a free reader.

If you can read C++, 7zip is an open source compression program which
can compress and decompress RAR files. Perhaps you could translate the
algorithm to Java.

- Oliver

malpani.anshul malpani.anshul is offline
Junior Member

Can u please send me the code for this.
my id is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

malpani.anshul malpani.anshul is offline
Junior Member

Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?
plese send me the cod at (E-Mail Removed)

malpani.anshul malpani.anshul is offline
Junior Member

anshul.malpani#3i-infotech.com

malpani.anshul malpani.anshul is offline
Junior Member

# is for @

adarshr adarshr is offline
Junior Member

I recently wrote a Java library myself which does what you guys are looking for. Check it out yourself!

http://www.adarshr.com/papers/raroscope

Adarsh R

jeev81 jeev81 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I also had to do a similar project where I compress the file as rar. So I used the rar.exe command line option to compress the file and store in the path of my choice even to another local machine.

I ran the command line options Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command) in java and was able to compress the file successfully.

The rar.exe should be either set in the working folder or set in the environment variables.

Regards,
Rajeev

*viewing .rar files??? Michael Computer Support 4 04-12-2011 05:55 AM
Re: Posting RAR inside ZIP inside RAR Mike Easter Computer Support 0 02-28-2010 05:31 PM
CRC errors with RAR files Ross K Thomas Computer Support 13 05-13-2009 03:37 PM
.zip files and .rar files? fj HTML 10 12-05-2006 04:23 PM
*.rar.txt and *rar files jdruk Computer Support 0 10-11-2004 01:21 AM

Advertisments