Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Problems with "Default Look And Feel Decorated"

Problems with "Default Look And Feel Decorated"

eshedz@gmail.com

I just don't know what the problem is.

I've created a JFrame extended window (called WindowThing) and done
neat stuff, then I found out I could make it look shiny by adding to it

this.setDefaultLookAndFeelDecorated(true);

But it doesn't work!

If I create a standalone JFrame that isn't a class that extanding
JFrame, it works. But if I try and make a class which extends JFrame
look that way, it simply doesn't work.

Help!

Roedy Green

On 17 Sep 2005 03:53:54 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote or quoted :

>If I create a standalone JFrame that isn't a class that extanding
>JFrame, it works. But if I try and make a class which extends JFrame
>look that way, it simply doesn't work.

Please post an SCCSSE. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sccsse.html

You have no idea how irritating it is to be told "my computer program
does not work" without any hints as to what the program is or what it
did. It is a bit like saying "My mother is sick. What is the matter
with her."

In the meantime all I can do is point you to some code that sets the
L&F correctly. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jframe.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.