Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JDOM and external entities

JDOM and external entities

Tom

Ok, I really tried hard to find a solution by myself, but now it's
late, I'm tired and I still need help!

I need to modify a DocBook file with several other XML files included
as an ENTITY reference. Like
<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "PathToMyDTD" [
<!ENTITY file1 SYSTEM "file1.xml">
<!ENTITY file2 SYSTEM "file2.xml">
<!ENTITY file3 SYSTEM "file3.xml">
]>
&file1;
&file2;
&file3;
JDOM's normal behaviour is to build this document with all entities
expanded. But how will I save the individual files after modification?
That's why I turned of entity expansion with setExpandEntities(false)
and build each file as a separate document. Now I am faced with the
fact, that some of those external XML files contain itself some of
those entity references declared in my root document. But without the
declaration I get a "Entity ... referenced, but not declared" error.
How should I handle this?

__
Tom

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jdom.Element: method getParent()Lorg/jdom/Element Tinker Java 4 10-09-2005 03:12 PM
JDOM and external entities Tom XML 0 09-10-2005 08:25 AM
JDOM: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content Bernd Oninger Java 4 06-21-2004 09:08 PM
JDOM: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content Bernd Oninger XML 3 06-21-2004 09:08 PM
Help with JDOM, turn org.jdom.Document -> org.w3c.dom.Document? Wendy S Java 1 08-04-2003 11:48 PM

Advertisments