Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > looking for CachedRowSetImpl?

looking for CachedRowSetImpl?

s_m_b

The class files I've got appear to have been compiled with 1.4, but the
install of the sdk I'm trying to use them on hasn't got
com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl .
If I use the 1.5 SDK installed, com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl is there,
but of course I get the versioning error.

I don't have access to the java files to recompile them, so I need to
download whatever jar file contains com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl

Any ideas where I can find this?

Roedy Green

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:36:38 -0500, "s_m_b" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote or quoted :

>The class files I've got appear to have been compiled with 1.4, but the
>install of the sdk I'm trying to use them on hasn't got
>com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl .
>If I use the 1.5 SDK installed, com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl is there,
>but of course I get the versioning error.

Houston, you have problem. CachedRowSet is a JDBC 2.0 feature which
only became available in Java 1.5.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

s_m_b

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:36:38 -0500, "s_m_b" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote or quoted :
>
>>The class files I've got appear to have been compiled with 1.4, but
>>the install of the sdk I'm trying to use them on hasn't got
>>com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl .
>>If I use the 1.5 SDK installed, com/sun/rowset/CachedRowSetImpl is
>>there, but of course I get the versioning error.

> Houston, you have problem. CachedRowSet is a JDBC 2.0 feature which
> only became available in Java 1.5.

OK. HOw to explain this then:

Generated servlet error:
bad class file: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\lib\rt.jar
(java/lang/Object.class)
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
public final class newclient_jsp extends
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase

I get this error when I run using Java 1.5, which I read as the class
files being compiled in 1.4?