Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > NEED HELP TO TEACH JAVA TO DYSLEXIC :

NEED HELP TO TEACH JAVA TO DYSLEXIC :

PAT

Hi
I am pat.
I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
books.

I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .

is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

expecting your positive reply.
regards
PAT

jan V

> is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
> i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
>
> expecting your positive reply.
> regards
> PAT

PAT, find out if there's a soul in your geographical area kind enough to do
some face-to-face teaching of Java. You'll progress a lot quicker.

Virgil Green

PAT wrote:
> Hi
> I am pat.
> I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
> its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
> books.
>
> I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
> to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask
> questions which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill
> the block .
>
> is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
> i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
>
> expecting your positive reply.
> regards
> PAT
> (E-Mail Removed)

Visit a local user group (check local library, for instance) and ask someone
there.

--
Virgil

Hal Rosser

"PAT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi
> I am pat.
> I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
> its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
> books.
>
> I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
> to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
> which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .
>
> is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
> i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
>
> expecting your positive reply.
> regards
> PAT
> (E-Mail Removed)

There are some instructional CD's at this web site.
http://www.vtc.com/products/program_cd.htm
If you learn visually - it may be the trick.

Roedy Green

On 29 Aug 2005 01:02:09 -0700, "PAT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
or quoted :

>is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
>i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
where you connected components much the way you would ICs.

What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

ian.a.desouza@gmail.com

I saw a book called Head Up Java...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

For a starter book on java, I found it to be engaging.

jan V

> Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
> where you connected components much the way you would ICs.
>
> What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

Are you thinking of the BeanBox? That was a big joke (well, more of a
barebones JavaBeans testing environment)

Virgil Green

Roedy Green wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2005 01:02:09 -0700, "PAT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> or quoted :
>
>> is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of
>> this. i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).

> Years ago Sun had a programming tool that was sort of like plumbing
> where you connected components much the way you would ICs.
>
> What was it called? Was it utterly abandoned?

IBM's Visual Age for [name your language] was built like that.

--
Virgil

yakovfain@gmail.com

Pat,

I wrote a bunch of Java online lessons and some of them have video
versions, where I read and explain them (see
http://www.smartdataprocessing.com).
Sys-con Media is planning to publish my book on core Java early next,
which will come with a DVD, where I'll be explaining all the lessons.

This might help.

Good luck,
Yakov Fain
http://www.weekendwithexperts.com

PAT wrote:
> Hi
> I am pat.
> I am dyslexic so its hard to learn JAVA.
> its hard for me to learn JAVA from books.read & understand for me from
> books.
>
> I need diagrammatic or picture representation teaching of java (basic
> to advance). OR if u are interested in other option i can ask questions
> which i dont understand,by getting answer from u i can fill the block .
>
> is it possible for you to help me in this ? .I am really need of this.
> i know asp,html,vb (medium level programming).
>
> expecting your positive reply.
> regards
> PAT
> (E-Mail Removed)

rodneyhoffman@gmail.com

Also, if aural learning works well for you, keep these folks in mind:
Recording For the Blind and Dyslexic provides free recordings of
textbooks for students: http://www.rfbd.org/

I'm a volunteer reader in RFB&D's Los Angeles recording studio, mostly
reading Computer Science textbooks. If anyone here is interested in
volunteering, there are recording studios scattered around the country.
RFB&D has been around for more than 50 years.

-- Rodney