Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > EJB acting as a Web Service

EJB acting as a Web Service

Jerry

EJB 2.1 says that stateless EJB can be a Web Service too.
Can anyone explain me how generated XML/SOAP stuff goes to client side from
EJB container which, I thing has no HTTP based ports?

Is EJB container using Web container for this?

Cheers!

Raymond DeCampo

Jerry wrote:
> EJB 2.1 says that stateless EJB can be a Web Service too.
> Can anyone explain me how generated XML/SOAP stuff goes to client side from
> EJB container which, I thing has no HTTP based ports?
>
> Is EJB container using Web container for this?

This is probably application server specific. Why do you want to know?

HTH,
Ray

--
XML is the programmer's duct tape.

Jerry

Just as an technical perspective.
Quite many things in J2EE Spesification says that 'Container's vendor'
can implement things just they want as long as interfaces or services
remain J2EE specific.

Has anyone any ideas to my original question?
I was thinking that if there is just EJB 2.1 container without Web Container
what ports actually handles SOAP messages?

Cheers!

"Raymond DeCampo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8ctQe.18570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jerry wrote:
>> EJB 2.1 says that stateless EJB can be a Web Service too.
>> Can anyone explain me how generated XML/SOAP stuff goes to client side
>> from
>> EJB container which, I thing has no HTTP based ports?
>>
>> Is EJB container using Web container for this?
>>

> This is probably application server specific. Why do you want to know?
>
> HTH,
> Ray
>
> --
> XML is the programmer's duct tape.

Possible to generate "ejb-jar.xml" from EJB class (source)? "ejb-jar.xml" appserver independent? Raymond Schanks Java 0 08-03-2010 08:21 AM
EJB-QL: writing a regular expression query using EJB QL Sriv Chakravarthy Java 0 09-18-2003 03:39 PM
To EJB or not to EJB Jeremy Haile Java 5 09-10-2003 03:52 AM
EJB on Weblogic7 : accessing Ejb thru *Local interface* fails due to JNDI lookup Mumbai Joe Java 0 07-29-2003 04:16 PM
Dynamically Access & Call An EJB From Another EJB? Steve Java 1 07-15-2003 06:47 PM

Advertisments