Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2ME, JSR-82, Nokia 6600, SPP problem.

J2ME, JSR-82, Nokia 6600, SPP problem.

Boki

Hi All,
I can't connect to Nokia 6600 SPP service from Bluecore request,
even I specify a particular service name of SPP, (symbian OS), but Sony
Ericsson P910i/P900, SIEMENS S65 work very well. ( I have to say, a
bluetooth toy car-100 can connects to nokia 6600 SPP correctly. )

The client code is a java program that run on cell phone that support java
jsr-82, and Sony ericsson provides a bluetooth car code example, I try this
code on SIEMENS S65, NOKIA 6600,... etc, all work well with that bluetooth
car( name: CAR 100 ).

but, when I porting the SPP request fucntion to our product, the Bluecore
can only connect to P910/P900 and SIEMENS phones, it didn't work on NOKIA
6600, when I request SPP connection, I always get a disconnection result, I
can't understand.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
BOki

Andrew Thompson

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:53:11 +0800, Boki wrote:

> I can't connect ..

Please cross-post in future.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

--
Andrew Thompson
"Don't just take me for tryin' to be heavy. Understand, it's time to get

Boki

Ok, thanks.

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:1rpjjmwivjdd7$.ucwjn82ahisv$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:53:11 +0800, Boki wrote:
>
>> I can't connect ..

> Please cross-post in future.
> <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>
>
> --
> Andrew Thompson
> physci.org 1point1c.org javasaver.com lensescapes.com athompson.info
> "Don't just take me for tryin' to be heavy. Understand, it's time to get
> ready.."
> Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble 'Couldn't Stand The Weather'

JScoobyCed

Boki wrote:
> Hi All,
> I can't connect to Nokia 6600 SPP service from Bluecore request,
> even I specify a particular service name of SPP, (symbian OS), but Sony
> Ericsson P910i/P900, SIEMENS S65 work very well. ( I have to say, a
> bluetooth toy car-100 can connects to nokia 6600 SPP correctly. )
>
> The client code is a java program that run on cell phone that support java
> jsr-82, and Sony ericsson provides a bluetooth car code example, I try this
> code on SIEMENS S65, NOKIA 6600,... etc, all work well with that bluetooth
> car( name: CAR 100 ).
>
> but, when I porting the SPP request fucntion to our product, the Bluecore
> can only connect to P910/P900 and SIEMENS phones, it didn't work on NOKIA
> 6600, when I request SPP connection, I always get a disconnection result, I
> can't understand.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> BOki

Hi,

I have done some 6600 bluetooth stuff that works quite well. Ok, now I
con't test anymore as somebody's stolen my phone and I'm going to buy a
6680 or 6681.
Anyway, I did a (of course) chat application for phone to phone or phone
to PC (using bluecove library), and a remote camera (takes snapshot of
the phone camera from the PC).
All of these where looking for a specific service name.
Could you provide the connection code? (service discovery) and list the
exceptions encountered?
You can also try the forum on benhui.net.

JSC

Boki

Hi,
Here is the part of code,
UUID myService = new UUID("1101", true);
url = "btspp://localhost:" + myService.toString() + ";name=xSPPServer";
service = (StreamConnectionNotifier)Connector.open( url );
con=(StreamConnection) service.acceptAndOpen();

Sorry, the service discovery code is behind our chip provider, I can only
trace it.. ( by CATC sniffer )

I dind't see a connection request message on 6600 screen ( but other phones
do ).

Do you mean 6600 needs a different service discovery method to find out the
java SPP service ? what I confused is we ever meet the same problem on
P900/P910, I think that is a symbian OS problem, and we already solve it,
but now, it seems not, because 6600 didn't work ....

Right now, I have test the same code and work on

SEMC: K750i, W800i, P910i, P900
SIEMENS: S65

Fail: Nokia 6600.

Thank you very much for your help!

--
Best regards,
Boki

"JScoobyCed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:430c5f31$0$24720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boki wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I can't connect to Nokia 6600 SPP service from Bluecore
>> request, even I specify a particular service name of SPP, (symbian OS),
>> but Sony Ericsson P910i/P900, SIEMENS S65 work very well. ( I have to
>> say, a bluetooth toy car-100 can connects to nokia 6600 SPP correctly. )
>>
>> The client code is a java program that run on cell phone that support
>> java jsr-82, and Sony ericsson provides a bluetooth car code example, I
>> try this code on SIEMENS S65, NOKIA 6600,... etc, all work well with that
>> bluetooth car( name: CAR 100 ).
>>
>> but, when I porting the SPP request fucntion to our product, the Bluecore
>> can only connect to P910/P900 and SIEMENS phones, it didn't work on NOKIA
>> 6600, when I request SPP connection, I always get a disconnection result,
>> I can't understand.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> BOki

> Hi,
>
> I have done some 6600 bluetooth stuff that works quite well. Ok, now I
> con't test anymore as somebody's stolen my phone and I'm going to buy a
> 6680 or 6681.
> Anyway, I did a (of course) chat application for phone to phone or phone
> to PC (using bluecove library), and a remote camera (takes snapshot of the
> phone camera from the PC).
> All of these where looking for a specific service name.
> Could you provide the connection code? (service discovery) and list the
> exceptions encountered?
> You can also try the forum on benhui.net.
>
> JSC

JScoobyCed

Boki wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is the part of code,
> UUID myService = new UUID("1101", true);
> url = "btspp://localhost:" + myService.toString() + ";name=xSPPServer";
> service = (StreamConnectionNotifier)Connector.open( url );
> con=(StreamConnection) service.acceptAndOpen();
>
> Sorry, the service discovery code is behind our chip provider, I can only
> trace it.. ( by CATC sniffer )
>
> I dind't see a connection request message on 6600 screen ( but other phones
> do ).
>
> Do you mean 6600 needs a different service discovery method to find out the
> java SPP service ? what I confused is we ever meet the same problem on
> P900/P910, I think that is a symbian OS problem, and we already solve it,
> but now, it seems not, because 6600 didn't work ....
>
> Right now, I have test the same code and work on
>
> SEMC: K750i, W800i, P910i, P900
> SIEMENS: S65
>
> Fail: Nokia 6600.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Boki

I am not sure it will help much, but I remember having problem with the
UUID stuff.
I think there are two ways to build the UUID. You set the flag to true,
to force the "shortUUID". I remember having read on some BT forum that
the 6600 doesn't support it.
You need to use the UUID constructor with a long UUID:
UUID myService = new UUID("98765432109876543210987654321000", false);

Now I don't know if SonyEricsson/Siemens support the long service ID.
Hope it helps.

JSC

Boki

Hi,
In fact, I use long UUID before, due to I got problem on Nokia 6600, so
I change to short UUID.

but I dind't use the same UUID string as you provide, here is my code:
String uuidString = "102030405060708090A0B0C0D0E0F010";
UUID uuid = new UUID(uuidString, false);

This work on Sony Ericsson phones ( they also work on short UUID )

I will try the UUID string you provide and report to here ASAP.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Boki.

"JScoobyCed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:430d2a6a$0$24691$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boki wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Here is the part of code,
>> UUID myService = new UUID("1101", true);
>> url = "btspp://localhost:" + myService.toString() + ";name=xSPPServer";
>> service = (StreamConnectionNotifier)Connector.open( url );
>> con=(StreamConnection) service.acceptAndOpen();
>>
>> Sorry, the service discovery code is behind our chip provider, I can only
>> trace it.. ( by CATC sniffer )
>>
>> I dind't see a connection request message on 6600 screen ( but other
>> phones do ).
>>
>> Do you mean 6600 needs a different service discovery method to find out
>> the java SPP service ? what I confused is we ever meet the same problem
>> on P900/P910, I think that is a symbian OS problem, and we already solve
>> it, but now, it seems not, because 6600 didn't work ....
>>
>> Right now, I have test the same code and work on
>>
>> SEMC: K750i, W800i, P910i, P900
>> SIEMENS: S65
>>
>> Fail: Nokia 6600.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help!
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Boki

> I am not sure it will help much, but I remember having problem with the
> UUID stuff.
> I think there are two ways to build the UUID. You set the flag to true, to
> force the "shortUUID". I remember having read on some BT forum that the
> 6600 doesn't support it.
> You need to use the UUID constructor with a long UUID:
> UUID myService = new UUID("98765432109876543210987654321000", false);
>
> Now I don't know if SonyEricsson/Siemens support the long service ID.
> Hope it helps.
>
> JSC

Boki

Hi,
When I try this UUID string, I get:
Nokia 6600 SPP work, but I can only receive the PPP packet... ( not the
packet send by java program )
Sony Ericsson P910i has the same problem with 6600, but after 3 times
re-try, it works. ( can communicate with java code )

K750i fail.

Siemens S65, fail.

It seems that the UUID is a critical parameter, in fact, I am not very
understand about this.

Best regards,
Boki.

"JScoobyCed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:430d2a6a$0$24691$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boki wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Here is the part of code,
>> UUID myService = new UUID("1101", true);
>> url = "btspp://localhost:" + myService.toString() + ";name=xSPPServer";
>> service = (StreamConnectionNotifier)Connector.open( url );
>> con=(StreamConnection) service.acceptAndOpen();
>>
>> Sorry, the service discovery code is behind our chip provider, I can only
>> trace it.. ( by CATC sniffer )
>>
>> I dind't see a connection request message on 6600 screen ( but other
>> phones do ).
>>
>> Do you mean 6600 needs a different service discovery method to find out
>> the java SPP service ? what I confused is we ever meet the same problem
>> on P900/P910, I think that is a symbian OS problem, and we already solve
>> it, but now, it seems not, because 6600 didn't work ....
>>
>> Right now, I have test the same code and work on
>>
>> SEMC: K750i, W800i, P910i, P900
>> SIEMENS: S65
>>
>> Fail: Nokia 6600.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help!
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Boki

> I am not sure it will help much, but I remember having problem with the
> UUID stuff.
> I think there are two ways to build the UUID. You set the flag to true, to
> force the "shortUUID". I remember having read on some BT forum that the
> 6600 doesn't support it.
> You need to use the UUID constructor with a long UUID:
> UUID myService = new UUID("98765432109876543210987654321000", false);
>
> Now I don't know if SonyEricsson/Siemens support the long service ID.
> Hope it helps.
>
> JSC

Boki

It seems our SDP code problem, because I can always get SPP connection with
no problem, when I test it from CAR-100 but not our SDP code....

Best regards,
Boki.

"Boki" <(E-Mail Removed)> glsD:dejens$2pp$(E-Mail Removed)...