Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Writer required for indented XML output?

Writer required for indented XML output?

Ian Pilcher

I am using the technique mentioned on this page to create indented XML
output with Sun's Java 1.5.0_04:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=6296446

It seems to work, but using a Writer seems both inefficient and error-
prone (for the reasons mentioned in the StreamResult Javadoc). In my
very limited testing, omitting the writer and creating a StreamResult
directly from an OutputStream seems to work OK.

Does anyone know what "'buggy' behavior" is being referred to? I've
checked the referenced forum thread, and there's no relevant
information.

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

indented xml using XML::DOM Parapura Rajkumar Perl Misc 1 02-10-2009 10:26 AM
Convert a long XML string into indented format Laguna Python 3 01-26-2006 01:54 PM
Isn't DataGrid.Render(writer) supposed to automatically call RenderBeginTag(writer) and RenderEndTag(writer)? Henri ASP .Net Building Controls 1 07-13-2004 10:27 PM
making indented XML Steve Maring Java 0 01-10-2004 03:13 AM
Newbie: Generating indented XML via Excel-VBA Piet XML 0 08-26-2003 08:28 AM

Advertisments