Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java library to read Outlook, Notes email files

Java library to read Outlook, Notes email files

Chris

Does anyone know of a Java library that can extract emails from Outlook .pst
files and Lotus Notes .nsf files? We also would like to get at Exchange.

Something which is 100% Java would be ideal, but we could live with a Java
interface to a native Windows component if we had to.

Roedy Green

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:15:56 -0500, "Chris" <anon> wrote or quoted :

>Does anyone know of a Java library that can extract emails from Outlook .pst
>files and Lotus Notes .nsf files? We also would like to get at Exchange.
>
>Something which is 100% Java would be ideal, but we could live with a Java
>interface to a native Windows component if we had to.

If you can't find that, Outlook has an export. The export format might
be easier to deal with.

If you can't find something, perhaps for a fee, I could write you a
custom class to extract data.

Joan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:15:56 -0500, "Chris" <anon> wrote or
> quoted :
>
>>Does anyone know of a Java library that can extract emails from
>>Outlook .pst
>>files and Lotus Notes .nsf files? We also would like to get at
>>Exchange.
>>
>>Something which is 100% Java would be ideal, but we could live
>>with a Java
>>interface to a native Windows component if we had to.

> If you can't find that, Outlook has an export. The export
> format might
> be easier to deal with.
>
> If you can't find something, perhaps for a fee, I could write
> you a
> custom class to extract data.

I don't thing the database format is published for MS' email.

jochen tuemmers

Chris,

the primary and fully-functional Domino/Notes interface is a C-API. But,
yes there is a java library that allows access to Domino/Notes
databases. But the functionality of the java library compared to the
native C-API is fairly limited.

Besides that, any access to a Domino/Notes database requires the Notes
client.

If you can tell more about what you want to achieve, I might be able to
further assist.

Jochen

Chris wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Java library that can extract emails from Outlook .pst
> files and Lotus Notes .nsf files? We also would like to get at Exchange.
>
> Something which is 100% Java would be ideal, but we could live with a Java
> interface to a native Windows component if we had to.

Denis_IBM Denis_IBM is offline
Junior Member

JPST is pure Java API to create/read/export Outlook .pst files.

Go to independentsoft.de/jpst

sherazam sherazam is offline
Senior Member

Hello Everyone,
I think Aspose.Email for Java will solve your problem, Below is the complete description

Aspose.Email for Java is a Non-Graphical Java component that enables Java applications to read and write MS Outlook MSG & PST files from within a Java application without using MS Outlook. It enables developers to create new MSG file from scratch, update an existing MSG file, read Outlook MSG file & get its properties like subject, body, recipients in to, cc and bcc, adding or removing attachment, sender information & MAPI properties. Aspose.Email can be used with Web as well as Desktop Application.

About PST files:

Get the Messages Information from the Outlook PST File: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/...-pst-file.html

Many Thanks
Regards
Sherazam

Last edited by sherazam; 11-30-2011 at 06:05 AM..