Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > generate a random lowercase letter

generate a random lowercase letter

Thomas Weidenfeller

Thomas Hawtin wrote:
> You are assuming the locale is not set to greek or something weird and
> foreign.

Only because it is foreign does not mean it is wired. My native language
uses an alphabet with 30 lowercase and 29 uppercase letters. I regard
this as normal.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

jonck

> The same place that , the answer to the universe and everything is 49

Actually the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and
everything is 42

steve

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:02:54 +0800, Raymond DeCampo wrote
(in article <2byJe.3713$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> Thomas Hawtin wrote:
>> Tris Orendorff wrote:
>>
>>> "Sergey B via JavaKB.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Ahem! As the founding member of the "Don't Forget About 'y' and 'z'
>>> at the End of the Alphabet" society I must formally lodge a
>>> complaint. Just a reminder that the next meeting is to be held at the:

>> You are assuming the locale is not set to greek or something weird and
>> foreign.
>>
>> Tom Hawtin

> I think we should file a RFE with Sun to get
> Locale.getNumberOfLowercaseLetters() added.
>
> Ray

no what we really need is sun to add a com.Homework "class"
We could extend it for each lame ass homework question we get.

steve

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:28:53 +0800, jonck wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>):

>> The same place that , the answer to the universe and everything is 49

> Actually the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and
> everything is 42

must be nearly 20 years since i watched that, time to dig out a copy.

Roedy Green

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gotchas.html#RANDOM