Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > eclipse/tomcat debugging variable problems

eclipse/tomcat debugging variable problems

MileHighCelt

configuration:
Eclipse 3.1.0
Sysdeo plugin V3
Tomcat 4.1

I have a Struts application that I am trying to debug within Eclipse.
I can set breakpoints and step thru without problem. But when I try to
inspect variables and classes within methods I get a message that it
"cannot be resolved". I have tried adding it to the expressions and
they appear up there with the same message. The one exception is the
arguments in the method, those can all be fully inspected.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Raymond DeCampo

MileHighCelt wrote:
> configuration:
> Eclipse 3.1.0
> Sysdeo plugin V3
> Tomcat 4.1
>
> I have a Struts application that I am trying to debug within Eclipse.
> I can set breakpoints and step thru without problem. But when I try to
> inspect variables and classes within methods I get a message that it
> "cannot be resolved". I have tried adding it to the expressions and
> they appear up there with the same message. The one exception is the
> arguments in the method, those can all be fully inspected.
>
> Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?
>
> Thanks,

The debug information has been stripped from the class files. Recompile
with options set to keep the debug information.

Ray

--
XML is the programmer's duct tape.

MileHighCelt

Thank you for the advice. I am looking in the project properties and I
don't see the debug options. Can you tell me how to set this?