Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java compiler and other for Sun Solaris 2.8

java compiler and other for Sun Solaris 2.8

blackdog

I have down load jre1.5.0_04 from sun.com, but it requires to
compile by myself. Where could I down load javac and ohter application.

Thanks

delasmooth@gmail.com

I'm pretty sure that there's a binary out there somewhere. If not, I
think you'll need a C++ compiler, not a java compiler.

Thomas Weidenfeller

blackdog wrote:
> I have down load jre1.5.0_04 from sun.com, but it requires to
> compile by myself. Where could I down load javac and ohter application.

You downloaded the wrong stuff. If you want javac you need the JDK, not
the JRE.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

blackdog

Thanks.
I got the application that I need.
Do you know where I can down load example program that I can do
self-learning.