Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java and OLE (MS WORD or Open Office)

Java and OLE (MS WORD or Open Office)

Ed

2nd attempt at posting - apologies if duplicate

Hi
Im in the process of converting an application from a legacy language into
Java with Swing GUI and have a requirement to print MS Word documents which
contain bookmarked fields. The idea being that I update the bookmarks and
then print/save the document etc.

Can I do this ? and should I do this or is there a better way of handling
the printing ?

For info the MS Word documents are user maintined. ie they can load them up
into Word , mess around with the wording and then resave them and then start
the application and do things with the letters. Dont really want to convert
the 50+ templates into something else, would do so if necessary and user
editig could be maintained.

Lastly my company is trying to promote OpenOffice so maybe I should try and
get Java to talk to this (again with OLE?).

Thoughts and pointers would be appreciated.

Ole ole Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 0 07-16-2006 08:10 AM
Accessing MS Word fields and DOCVARIABLES with win32:ole? mmm ppp Perl Misc 0 10-17-2005 10:10 PM
Java and OLE to MS Word (or OpenOffice) ? Ed Java 2 08-26-2005 11:30 PM
Creating an OLE server document in Python (MFC/OLE/COM/Python newbie) Drew Pihera Python 0 02-04-2004 07:48 PM
Win32::OLE adding shape to OLE Object (xlsheet) in PPT Lance Hoffmeyer Perl Misc 0 11-17-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments