Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to trust a midlet

how to trust a midlet

tkempf@nortel.com

Hi,

I developed a MIDlet that makes use of the IP network. Every time it
access the network I have to confirm that the MIDlet is allowed to use
the network.

How can I trust the MIDlet that it is always allowed to access the
network without a confirmation? I reduced already the security settings
to confirme the network access "per run". But I want to reduce it
further to allow it always after start up.

Thanks,
Thomas

Darryl Pierce

> How can I trust the MIDlet that it is always allowed to access the
> network without a confirmation? I reduced already the security settings
> to confirme the network access "per run". But I want to reduce it
> further to allow it always after start up.

Digitally sign the MIDlet using the CA your handset trusts.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

Full trust and medium trust in .net and websites Linda ASP .Net Security 1 08-31-2006 05:16 AM
MIDlet newsgroup or forums? Paul Java 1 09-18-2003 02:01 AM
MIDlet questions - packaging and video Me Java 1 09-08-2003 05:29 PM
Re: MIDlet problem ScOe Java 3 08-16-2003 06:31 AM
Bluetooth MIDlet Ante Java 3 07-02-2003 07:15 PM

Advertisments