Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > To create a custom event or to use PropertyChangeEvent

To create a custom event or to use PropertyChangeEvent

-

I have a close and open method in a class containing fireCloseEvent()
and fireOpenEvent() respectively to fire a custom event.

What if in order not to create a custom event, I do it such that I
create a 'state' class variable and change the state when it is closed
or opened and then firePropertyChangeEvent?

Is the former or latter the proper way?

Wismerhill

- ecrivit le 18/07/2005 09:31 :
> I have a close and open method in a class containing fireCloseEvent()
> and fireOpenEvent() respectively to fire a custom event.
>
> What if in order not to create a custom event, I do it such that I
> create a 'state' class variable and change the state when it is closed
> or opened and then firePropertyChangeEvent?
>
> Is the former or latter the proper way?

If you have no parameters transmitted in your custom open /close
events, the PropertyChangeEvent is quite good.