Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Common music notation display in java

Common music notation display in java

paul@paulhennessey.co.uk

Hi

Is anyone familiar with any java libraries that support the display of
music notation over the web? I've found two so far (JMusic and JScore)
and am about to try them out, but would be interested to hear opinions
from anyone else who's tried them, or who knows a better way to go
about it.

The application is an online music tutor for a college project.
Currently I'm thinking that I'll generate simple tunes using java
servlets and display them in an applet.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, or knows knows a better way to do
it, or maybe even a better place to post this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Paul