Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JAVA API for PDF

Reply
Thread Tools

JAVA API for PDF

 
 
ramesh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2005
Hi,
Is there a way to identify if there are any non embedded fonts in a pdf
document using a java API.

Any java API's for pdf that may do this?

Your input is very well appreciated.

Thanks

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wendy Smoak
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2005
"ramesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a way to identify if there are any non embedded fonts in a pdf
> document using a java API.
> Any java API's for pdf that may do this?


I don't know if it will do what you want, but iText is a Java API for PDF...
http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

--
Wendy Smoak


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CafeBabe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2005
I'm sure you can get such info through pure java API.

PDFBox (http://www.pdfbox.org/) should be a good start point.


-Steven

 
Reply With Quote
 
ramesh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2005
Thanks guys for all the responses.

Steven:

I tried out pdfbox and it seems to be a decent API to do this job. But
it is very slow. Any other suggestions. Basically the API has to read
the resources dictionary of all the pages.


CafeBabe wrote:
> I'm sure you can get such info through pure java API.
>
> PDFBox (http://www.pdfbox.org/) should be a good start point.
>
>
> -Steven


 
Reply With Quote
 
kjc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-10-2005
ramesh wrote:
> Thanks guys for all the responses.
>
> Steven:
>
> I tried out pdfbox and it seems to be a decent API to do this job. But
> it is very slow. Any other suggestions. Basically the API has to read
> the resources dictionary of all the pages.
>
>
> CafeBabe wrote:
>
>>I'm sure you can get such info through pure java API.
>>
>>PDFBox (http://www.pdfbox.org/) should be a good start point.
>>
>>
>>-Steven

>
>

iText
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convert TIFF to PDF - java api ? Craig Java 9 03-02-2011 09:30 PM
Java API to convert Microsoft Word to PDF? sygsix@gmail.com Java 8 01-06-2011 03:45 PM
Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other Sean Nakasone Ruby 1 04-14-2008 09:13 PM
PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file. Ricardo Pog Ruby 1 03-26-2008 08:24 PM
Java API : Converting RTF to PDF kjc Java 0 05-03-2005 05:42 PM



Advertisments