Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Difference in opinion with look and feel !

Difference in opinion with look and feel !

Rajesh.Rapaka

Hi,

I have an interesting problem while using the look and feel. This is my
function:

UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAn dFeelClassName());

Well the tool bars, the menu are all system's look and feel. i.e i am
using Windows OS. so i get all windows look and feels. But when i use
the file chooser, I get an open dialog box with look and feel of Sun
Microsystems' solaris.

Does anyone have any idea why this is coming up like this?
Interestingly I am not even able to reproduce this an other project.
Plz help,

Thank you,
Regards,
Rajesh Rapaka.

Andrew Thompson

On 7 Jul 2005 02:29:09 -0700, Rajesh.Rapaka wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea why this is coming up like this?
> Interestingly I am not even able to reproduce this an other project.

It would be down to the difference between the one
that works and the one that doesn't.

Undergo a process of changing the one that works,
one line at a time, until it doesn't. You will end
up with 'the magic line' that explains the difference.
Or ..an extremely short example of one that works, so
you can build on it!

Having said that, it might be that the chooser was
instantiated prior to the PLAF being set, in which
case you'll need to call the method that updates
the UI tree.

[ Oh, and you'll find the GUI experts on comp.lang.java.gui,
if you intend to repost this question there, please *mention*
this thread. ]

--
Andrew Thompson