Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How we can change the hour system with java?

How we can change the hour system with java?

Nanou

How we can change the hour system with Java?

Thanks

Nanou

proGex

Not sure what are you talking about, try giving more details

Roedy Green

On 6 Jul 2005 02:32:54 -0700, "Nanou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or
quoted :

>How we can change the hour system with Java?

You want to have 10 "hours" per day?

Or do you just want to display in hh:mm 12 vs 24 hour time?

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.html

see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#BIGDATE

for my calendar computing code. You could use it as a base to create
your own calendar, naming the months after your friends.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Nanou

In fact, i want that my program java can change the hour in the system.
If the hour is 8:00 i want that my program set for example 10:00.
It's possible ?

Uwe Ziegenhagen

Nanou wrote:
> In fact, i want that my program java can change the hour in the system.
> If the hour is 8:00 i want that my program set for example 10:00.
> It's possible ?

maybe by calling the respective Windows function via system().

Uwe

--

mail to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) is read only from time to time. If
you need an urgent answer, google for me.

Nanou

Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?
Thankx

Stefan Schulz

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:43:10 -0700, Nanou wrote:

> Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
> But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?

No.

--
You can't run away forever,

Joan

"Nanou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
> But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?
> Thankx

If you have windows XP there is a feature that sets the clock once each
week from a precision time source via the Internet, so if you change the
time via java it might revert to something else via this mechanism.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Stefan Schulz wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:43:10 -0700, Nanou wrote:
>

>>Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
>>But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?

> No.

Yes, via JNI and appropriate operating-system calls. If we are talking
about Windows than maybe also via a Java-COM bridge and some existing MS
COM object.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: