Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > What's an appropriate base class name for Row and Column?

What's an appropriate base class name for Row and Column?

Virgil Green

- wrote:
> What's an appropriate base class name for Row and Column?
>
> +-------+
> | ? |
> +---+---+
> |
> +-------+------+
> | |
> +-------+ +--------+
>> Row | | Column |

> +-------+ +--------+

Axis

--
Virgil

Andrew McDonagh

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:
> Thomas Kellerer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>A Row is a collection of Columns. That's the only relation I see there

> No, both are collections of cells.

or, a Column has a collection of Rows (that just happen to be a cell)

and a Row has a collection of Cells (1..n)

steve

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:36:59 +0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote
(in article <42c9f247$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> What's an appropriate base class name for Row and Column?
>
> +-------+
> | ? |
> +---+---+
> |
> +-------+------+
> | |
> +-------+ +--------+
>> Row | | Column |

> +-------+ +--------+

arrayAccess

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Andrew McDonagh <(E-Mail Removed)2s.com> writes:

> or, a Column has a collection of Rows (that just happen to be a cell)

No, that makes Column and Row be equal to the full table.

Joe

> Andrew McDonagh <(E-Mail Removed)2s.com> writes:
>
> > or, a Column has a collection of Rows (that just happen to be a cell)

> No, that makes Column and Row be equal to the full table.

A single Column or Row can be equal to a full table.

Owen Jacobson

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:44:39 +0200, Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:

> Thomas Kellerer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> A Row is a collection of Columns. That's the only relation I see there

> No, both are collections of cells.

Iterable<Cell> ?

Wibble

Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> On 05.07.2005 17:44 Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:
>

>>Thomas Kellerer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>

>>>A Row is a collection of Columns. That's the only relation I see there

>>No, both are collections of cells.

> OK, makes sense.
>
> Thomas

CollectionOfCells