Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Strings?

Strings?

Novello

hello,

String myStr;

I've to check if this var is formed by a valid set of chars : A-Z, a-z, 0-9.
If myStr is formed with these charset the method returns true else it
returns false.

The question is, how can I check char range? is it possible?
thank you

Dag Sunde

"Novello" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dabhf3$jgm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
>
> String myStr;
>
> I've to check if this var is formed by a valid set of chars : A-Z, a-z,
> 0-9.
> If myStr is formed with these charset the method returns true else it
> returns false.
>
> The question is, how can I check char range? is it possible?
> thank you

Google for "Regular expressions" and "Java"

Stefan Schulz

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:54:11 +0000, Dag Sunde wrote:

> Google for "Regular expressions" and "Java"

looking at the javadoc for java.lang.String might also help

Also be aware that this is really not the newsgroup for this kind of
question, comp.lang.java.help is what you look for

--
You can't run away forever,