Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > RMI + SSL?

RMI + SSL?

netbogus@gmail.com

Id like to use SSL over RMI, is it possible? Ive googled but
couldnt find enough information regarding this topic.

thanks in advance,

lz.

--
Lucas Zimmerman

Stefan Schulz

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:13:56 -0700, netbogus wrote:

> Id like to use SSL over RMI, is it possible? Ive googled but
> couldnt find enough information regarding this topic.

Do you mean RMI over SSL?

--
You can't run away forever,

netbogus@gmail.com

sure... my mistake. I meant RMI over SSL.

lz.

--
Lucas Zimmerman
(E-Mail Removed)

Jan Peter Stotz

(E-Mail Removed) schrieb:

> Id like to use SSL over RMI, is it possible? Ive googled but
> couldnt find enough information regarding this topic.

I don't know how much information you need but I get a lot of them.

General description on how to use custom SocketFactories with RMI
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...socketfactory/

But you don't have to implement them yourself for a SSL-connection. Java
1.5 already knows
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/...etFactory.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/...etFactory.html

Finally the Usenet search for RMI SSL:
http://groups.google.de/groups?q=rmi...r=&sa=N&tab=wg

Jan

Why does java.rmi.Naming not implement interface java.rmi.Registry? Jan Schulze Java 1 03-26-2005 07:45 AM
RMI Vs RMI over IIOP JScoobyCed Java 1 01-28-2005 09:54 AM
java.rmi support inside Visual J# .NET =?Utf-8?B?TmFpbmVzaCBKaGF2ZXJp?= ASP .Net 2 11-30-2004 02:21 PM
RMI, JINI or RMI/IIOP Buu Nguyen Java 1 08-25-2004 11:28 AM
Re: Should I use RMI? Linus Nikander Java 0 06-27-2003 11:35 AM

Advertisments