Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Is there anything like Oracle ADF in other Java IDE tools ?

Is there anything like Oracle ADF in other Java IDE tools ?

krislioe@gmail.com

Hi,

I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
IDE other than JDeveloper.

We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)

This is shocking for marketing.

Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
comparable to Oracle ADF ?

Thank you very much for any info,
Krist

Bryce

On 28 Jun 2005 01:38:26 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
>IDE other than JDeveloper.
>
>We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
>anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
>named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)
>
>This is shocking for marketing.
>
>Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
>comparable to Oracle ADF ?

JSF?

MyFaces?
http://www.myfaces.org/

--
now with more cowbell

Malte

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
> IDE other than JDeveloper.
>
> We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
> anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
> named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)
>
> This is shocking for marketing.
>
> Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
> comparable to Oracle ADF ?
>
> Thank you very much for any info,
> Krist

If you already use Oracle AppServer it is my understanding from the
announcement that adf runtime is free.

Malte

Bryce wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2005 01:38:26 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
>>IDE other than JDeveloper.
>>
>>We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
>>anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
>>named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)
>>
>>This is shocking for marketing.
>>
>>Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
>>comparable to Oracle ADF ?

> JSF?
>
> MyFaces?
> http://www.myfaces.org/
>
> --
> now with more cowbell

Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

krislioe@gmail.com

Yes if we deploy on Oracle AppServer.
But we want to be able to deploy into Tomcat, JBoss etc.. now its not
free..

regards

Bryce

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:34 +0200, Malte
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bryce wrote:
>> On 28 Jun 2005 01:38:26 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
>>>comparable to Oracle ADF ?

>> JSF?
>>
>> MyFaces?
>> http://www.myfaces.org/

>Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

You sure about that? I thought ADF were Oracle's JSF components...

--
now with more cowbell

Malte

Bryce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:34 +0200, Malte
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Bryce wrote:

>>>JSF?
>>>
>>>MyFaces?
>>>http://www.myfaces.org/

>>Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

> You sure about that? I thought ADF were Oracle's JSF components...
>
> --
> now with more cowbell

Look it up!

Bryce

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:22:02 +0200, Malte
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bryce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:34 +0200, Malte
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

>> You sure about that? I thought ADF were Oracle's JSF components...
>>
>> --
>> now with more cowbell

>Look it up!

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...jsf/index.html

First Paragraph:
"Oracle ADF Faces is a rich set of user interface components based on
the new JavaServer Faces JSR (JSR-127). "

States they are JSF components. MyFaces are JSF components. So I think
they have more than a "little" in common. Yea, ADF components are nice
though...

--
now with more cowbell

gevatron@yahoo.com

Just to clarify ADF != ADF Faces
ADF Faces (which are a rich set of JSF components) is just one layer of
the full ADF framework.
ADF also has parts that handle O/R mapping and persistence as well as
data binding into your jsp/struts or JSP or Swing applications.
Have a look at this short demo:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...ewlet_swf.html

And the way you should think of it is not that you pay 5k per ADF CPU -
because it won't make much sense given that you can get the full Oracle
AS Java Edition with ADF for the same price.

krislioe@gmail.com

Hi gevat,

(E-Mail Removed) menuliskan: > Just to clarify ADF != ADF Faces
> And the way you should think of it is not that you pay 5k per ADF CPU -
> because it won't make much sense given that you can get the full Oracle
> AS Java Edition with ADF for the same price.

Yes.. I know it, but my problem is to customer that does not want to
pay 5k for Oracle AS Java Edition.. We must use other framework..
We must find the cheaper one

regards.