Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how long java 1.0 has developed?

how long java 1.0 has developed?

jrefactors@hotmail.com

I know Java 1.0 was release in 1995. But I want to know how long it
took to design Java programming language for Java 1.0.

any ideas??

Roland

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_programming_language>
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
` ___ ___
`/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

Roedy Green

On 23 Jun 2005 22:12:21 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote or quoted
:

>I know Java 1.0 was release in 1995. But I want to know how long it
>took to design Java programming language for Java 1.0.

It was originally designed for set top TV boxes in a language called
Oak. I would guess that was a fairly quick effort, perhaps a couple
of years. Sun did not get the contract for the boxes, and someone
noticed that with a few mods the thing would create a beautiful
Internet multiplatform language for writing Applets.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Thomas G. Marshall

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

....[rip]...

> Bush crime family lost/embezzled $3 trillion from Pentagon.
> Complicit Bush-friendly media keeps mum. Rumsfeld confesses on video.
> http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm
>
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
> See http://mindprod.com/iraq.html photos of Bush's war crimes

You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java newsgroups,
and in particular not quote from simplistic websites like infowars nor make
silly phrases like "Bush crime family". You're inviting an OT political
flaming. And those things just go on forever, and with everyone losing.

If having such a battle is what you're really after, then you had better
rethink your motives for being in these groups at all.

Lee Fesperman

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)..
>
> ...[rip]...
>
> > Bush crime family lost/embezzled $3 trillion from Pentagon.
> > Complicit Bush-friendly media keeps mum. Rumsfeld confesses on video.
> > http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm
> >
> > Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
> > See http://mindprod.com/iraq.html photos of Bush's war crimes

> You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java newsgroups,
> and in particular not quote from simplistic websites like infowars nor make
> silly phrases like "Bush crime family". You're inviting an OT political
> flaming. And those things just go on forever, and with everyone losing.
>
> If having such a battle is what you're really after, then you had better
> rethink your motives for being in these groups at all.

You quoted his sig, which are not normally part of the discussions in c.l.j.p. And, you
omitted the all important "--space".

--
Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
* The Ultimate DBMS is here!

Thomas G. Marshall

Lee Fesperman coughed up:
> Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
>>
>> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)..
>>
>> ...[rip]...
>>
>>> Bush crime family lost/embezzled $3 trillion from Pentagon.
>>> Complicit Bush-friendly media keeps mum. Rumsfeld confesses on
>>> video.
>>> http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm
>>>
>>> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
>>> See http://mindprod.com/iraq.html photos of Bush's war crimes

>> You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java
>> newsgroups, and in particular not quote from simplistic websites
>> like infowars nor make silly phrases like "Bush crime family".
>> You're inviting an OT political flaming. And those things just go
>> on forever, and with everyone losing.
>>
>> If having such a battle is what you're really after, then you had
>> better rethink your motives for being in these groups at all.

> You quoted his sig, which are not normally part of the discussions in
> c.l.j.p. And, you omitted the all important "--space".

Yes. And my statements still stand---whether or not they are part of the
discussions, signatures are viewed by most people. Political flame wars are
a reality here, and a desire to stir them up in a technical forum is
evidence of a desire to disrupt the newsgroup.

Your point about the --{space} is a good one---had I thought to keep it in,
then the same people who would not normally have seen his signature, would
not have seen my complaint either, which would have been better even though
they'd see a blank message from me. For that I'm sorry.

.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> ...[rip]...
>
> > Bush crime family lost/embezzled $3 trillion from Pentagon.
> > Complicit Bush-friendly media keeps mum. Rumsfeld confesses on video.
> > http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm
> >
> > Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
> > See http://mindprod.com/iraq.html photos of Bush's war crimes

> You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java newsgroups,
> and in particular not quote from simplistic websites like infowars nor make
> silly phrases like "Bush crime family". You're inviting an OT political
> flaming. And those things just go on forever, and with everyone losing.

Until you posted you message this was a non-issue. Your desire to control
what other people do in this newsgroup has now made this something that is
taking up space in the newsgroup.

I've never understood why people just cannot ignore things like this. It
seems obvious to me that Roedy wants to push some buttons and you have
just validated him my focusing on it.

> If having such a battle is what you're really after, then you had better
> rethink your motives for being in these groups at all.

Check out mindprod.com and you will see that Roedy does have an interest
in Java programming. You will also see that he is not one to shy away from
politics.

I figured he was entitled to his opinion but that this was not the place
for me to agree or disagree with that opinion. I choose to ignore his
signature.

I didn't want to start a discussion about politics in this newsgroup and I
thought the best way to make this happen was to just ignore it. I'm not
sure what you hoped to gain by highlighting Roedy's signature.

Virgil Green

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
> Lee Fesperman coughed up:
>> Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
>>>
>>> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)..
>>>
>>> ...[rip]...

>>> You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java
>>> newsgroups, and in particular not quote from simplistic websites
>>> like infowars nor make silly phrases like "Bush crime family".
>>> You're inviting an OT political flaming. And those things just go
>>> on forever, and with everyone losing.
>>>
>>> If having such a battle is what you're really after, then you had
>>> better rethink your motives for being in these groups at all.

>> You quoted his sig, which are not normally part of the discussions in
>> c.l.j.p. And, you omitted the all important "--space".

> Yes. And my statements still stand---whether or not they are part of
> the discussions, signatures are viewed by most people. Political
> flame wars are a reality here, and a desire to stir them up in a
> technical forum is evidence of a desire to disrupt the newsgroup.
>
> Your point about the --{space} is a good one---had I thought to keep
> it in, then the same people who would not normally have seen his
> signature, would not have seen my complaint either, which would have
> been better even though they'd see a blank message from me. For that
> I'm sorry.

Ignore sigs. There's only a flame ware if you (generally speaking) bother
responding to it.

--
Virgil

Thomas G. Marshall

"." coughed up:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
>

>> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> ...[rip]...
>>
>>> Bush crime family lost/embezzled $3 trillion from Pentagon.
>>> Complicit Bush-friendly media keeps mum. Rumsfeld confesses on
>>> video.
>>> http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm
>>>
>>> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
>>> See http://mindprod.com/iraq.html photos of Bush's war crimes

>> You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java
>> newsgroups, and in particular not quote from simplistic websites
>> like infowars nor make silly phrases like "Bush crime family".
>> You're inviting an OT political flaming. And those things just go
>> on forever, and with everyone losing.

> Until you posted you message this was a non-issue. Your desire to

*BULLSHIT* Until *he* posted that crap it was a non-issue. It's
disruptive, and if he did not do it there would be fewer flame wars. Don't
tell me that its the reaction to something offensive that is the
problem----it's the thing that is offensive.

You think political flame wars happen in a vacuum? They happen when people
start voicing political opinions like he did. He's trying to push buttons,
like you said, and when someone does that, they should be asked to stop.

.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

> "." coughed up:
> > On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
> >>
> >> "Roedy Green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> ...[rip]...

> >> You'll probably do better if you keep politics out of the java
> >> newsgroups, and in particular not quote from simplistic websites
> >> like infowars nor make silly phrases like "Bush crime family".
> >> You're inviting an OT political flaming. And those things just go
> >> on forever, and with everyone losing.

> > Until you posted you message this was a non-issue. Your desire to

> *BULLSHIT* Until *he* posted that crap it was a non-issue. It's
> disruptive, and if he did not do it there would be fewer flame wars. Don't
> tell me that its the reaction to something offensive that is the
> problem----it's the thing that is offensive.
>
> You think political flame wars happen in a vacuum? They happen when people
> start voicing political opinions like he did. He's trying to push buttons,
> like you said, and when someone does that, they should be asked to stop.

I think political flame wars happen between TWO or more people.

I have no control over what feelings someone can incite in me. Roedy can
put things in his signature that makes me angry or happy. I have no
control over that. What I can control is my reaction to it. I don't see
the point of bringing attention to something in Roedy's signature that has
nothing to do with this newsgroup.

My question still stands unanswered: What do you expect to gain by
starting this thread?