Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > FAQ - references to Google/Google Groups

Andrew Thompson

Re: (PhySci.org Java) FAQ - references to Google/Google Groups

Note: Cross-posted to c.l.j.help and c.l.j.programmer,
with follow-ups (replies) set to comp.lang.java.programmer
*only*. If you interested in this thread, or wish to
contribute to it, c.l.j.p. is the place to look.

I had become concerned at the reliance of my Java FAQ to the
Google search engine, so I have added a new section to the
document commenting on both Google and Google groups beta.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#google>

In a nutshell, it says
'There are other search engines - use your favorite' and
'Web interfaces can cause problems - beware. Use a
news client of you are able.'

I want to know what others think of this advice, since I
will most likely be referring to it often*, and want to get
a text that covers most angles, and is fair, reasonable and
aimed at providing new posters with the best advice.

* Starting (checks watch) ..now.
<http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.help/msg/d3ab67001f62e6b1>

--
Andrew Thompson