Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > problems with character streams

problems with character streams

Jan Kastorp

Hi,

maybe someone here can give me hint.

My input is a string that contains sequences like
....=?ISO-8859-1?Q?blabla?=....

Is there a class that translates this to something useful?

The input string also contains sequences like "=FC" for some german
Umlauts. I am looking for a class transforming this to something readable.

Thank you, Jan.

Roland

On 16-6-2005 17:13, Jan Kastorp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe someone here can give me hint.
>

> My input is a string that contains sequences like
> ....=?ISO-8859-1?Q?blabla?=....
>
> Is there a class that translates this to something useful?
>
> The input string also contains sequences like "=FC" for some german
> Umlauts. I am looking for a class transforming this to something readable.
>

> Thank you, Jan.

I only know this from being used in mail messages, but I can't remember
its name. "Quoted Printable" or something. Yep:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable>

Apache's Jakarta project seems to have a decoder for it
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=%22Quoted+Printable%22 +decoder+java>
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
` ___ ___

Jan Kastorp

Thanks .

The org.apache.commons.codec.net.QCodec class solved my problem.