Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Pushing data from backend to server

Pushing data from backend to server

Paul Tremblay

Hi,

I have an application server running some EJBs. Periodically, I need to
send notification of events from the backend, to clients accross the
internet. Both The app server and clients are behind proxy servers and
firewalls.

I know that I have to use HTTPS and tunneling, but thats about as far as
I can get. Despite hours of searching Google, I have not found anything
really useful. Can this be done?. If yes, could anyone please shed some
light on how I can achieve this, i.e. send data from the backend to clients?

Many Thanks

Paul

Boudewijn Dijkstra

"Paul Tremblay" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:d8pkfi$nc4$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have an application server running some EJBs. Periodically, I need to send
> notification of events from the backend, to clients accross the internet.
> Both The app server and clients are behind proxy servers and firewalls.
>
> I know that I have to use HTTPS and tunneling, but thats about as far as I
> can get. Despite hours of searching Google, I have not found anything really
> useful. Can this be done?. If yes, could anyone please shed some light on
> how I can achieve this, i.e. send data from the backend to clients?

Depending on the notification frequency, you could consider having the clients
poll the server for new events.