Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Saving image ..??

Saving image ..??

rasha_cs_99@hotmail.com

Hai all,

I want to draw text and graphics and save all these in a jpg or bmp
image?? Do you have any idea???
I've read a tuotorial that uses the package javax.media... but it makes
errors for me ( It doesnt find the package)....I've download the new
version of java but this package and specifically the class
javax.media.PlanarImage seems to be unavilable...Any help???

Thanx alot,
Alshayeb.Rasha

Knute Johnson

> Hai all,
>
> I want to draw text and graphics and save all these in a jpg or bmp
> image?? Do you have any idea???
> I've read a tuotorial that uses the package javax.media... but it makes
> errors for me ( It doesnt find the package)....I've download the new
> version of java but this package and specifically the class
> javax.media.PlanarImage seems to be unavilable...Any help???
>

> Thanx alot,
> Alshayeb.Rasha

Take a look at BufferedImage and ImageIO in the API docs. I don't know
how you want to do your drawing, with code or a mouse or what. Once you
have drawn on the BufferedImage you can save it with ImageIO.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/