Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Converting default encoding for windows to utf8

Converting default encoding for windows to utf8

rg.iitk@gmail.com

I want to run a program in java, which needs to understand utf8
encoding, when i run from the command line the conversion of text files
take place through ANSI encoding thats why I dont get the desired
output. I need to basically translate text files dealing in Hindi,
Bengali( Indic Languages).

TIA

Rohit Gupta

Dale King

> I want to run a program in java, which needs to understand utf8
> encoding, when i run from the command line the conversion of text files
> take place through ANSI encoding thats why I dont get the desired
> output. I need to basically translate text files dealing in Hindi,
> Bengali( Indic Languages).

Then you need to look at the InputStreamReader and OutputStreamWriter
classes where you can specfy the translation between bytes and characters.

--
Dale King

Rohit Gupta

thnx.....got it working