Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > AccessControlException

AccessControlException

Roedy Green

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 04:08:43 GMT, Roedy Green
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>I have been blithely reading files via URL from an Applet. They
>worked fine locally, but with Java 1.5 I'm getting
>AccessControlExceptions. I should have been getting these all along.

I think I have figured out what is going on. Running the applet
locally the applet is only allowed to access its directories and
descendants. Moving the files into a descendant seems to have cleared
up the problem. It a nuisance trying to share files.

Is this:

1. what is supposed to happen

2. a Java bug

3. an Opera bug

4. one of those vaguely defined things.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roedy Green

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 04:08:43 GMT, Roedy Green
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote or quoted :

>I have been blithely reading files via URL from an Applet. They
>worked fine locally, but with Java 1.5 I'm getting
>AccessControlExceptions. I should have been getting these all along.

I have discovered by experiment that when an Applet runs locally, it
is only allowed to read files in the same directory or in a
subdirectory of that directory. It can't read files in the parents or
sibling directories, just child directories. I have not performed the
corresponding experiments on websites. I did my tests with the Opera
browser on Win2K.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/...s_rumsfeld.htm

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

java.security.AccessControlException: BADBOY Java 8 07-12-2004 02:02 AM
AccessControlException Ken Kast Java 1 05-23-2004 11:44 PM
AccessControlException while trying to run applet Chandrashekar Tippur Java 2 04-25-2004 11:59 PM
java.security.AccessControlException:access denied (java.io.FilePermission help.txt read) Thanasis \(sch\) Java 0 03-01-2004 03:05 PM
AccessControlException with JMS, WebStart, and WebLogic JayDS Java 5 08-19-2003 07:28 PM

Advertisments