Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JSP forum

JSP forum

Hannes

Hello guys,

I have to make a forum in JSP. It has to connect with a Database where
all the topics are stored. Does anyone know where i can find a tutorial
or where i can find the source code

Token

On Sat, 28 May 2005 04:29:04 -0700, Hannes wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I have to make a forum in JSP. It has to connect with a Database where all
> the topics are stored. Does anyone know where i can find a tutorial or
> where i can find the source code

Hi,

Its not clear if you are doing this as part of an assignment for course
work or just out of interest for the technology but i expect this is an
assignment.

I was given some course worked that involved designing a message forum and
I took this as an opportunity to learn more about EJB, Java, JSP and a
number of other technologies. The internet has hint and tips, you just
have to do a little reseach. It requires you use the resources you have to
your advantage.

You best option would be to look at the requirements of the project (write
formal requirements, design and testing documents). A good starting point
is always the database design. then look at the user interface and how the
information will be enter/presented.

Hannes

It is just for the interest. I already know visual studio. But i wanted
to know more about JSP (cause it is free)