Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Any opensource Java Mail application out there?

Reply
Thread Tools

Any opensource Java Mail application out there?

 
 
Albretch Mueller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2005
that includes SMTP, POP3 and IMAP?

I spent some time googling and at sf and all I found were discarded
projects and not complete ones?

Do you know of any similar project?

THnaks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stefan =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Gro=DFhauser?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2005
In the book "Internet Programmierung mit Java" (data becker verlag) is a
java mail programme described.
I don't know if it supports IMAP.
But the code is on CD.

best wishes

Stefan Gro▀hauser
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
GaryM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2005
Stefan =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Gro=DFhauser?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:428cf037$0$7679$(E-Mail Removed):

> In the book "Internet Programmierung mit Java" (data becker
> verlag) is a java mail programme described.
> I don't know if it supports IMAP.
> But the code is on CD.
>


Also take a look a James.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan Schaefer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2005
Hi,

Albretch Mueller wrote:
> that includes SMTP, POP3 and IMAP?
>
> I spent some time googling and at sf and all I found were discarded
> projects and not complete ones?
>
> Do you know of any similar project?


Does it has to be open source? Maybe JavaMail from Sun does what you want:

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail

It can do SMTP, POP3 and IMAP and it is free like in beer.

Just my 2 eurocents.

Jan
 
Reply With Quote
 
alan@engrm.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-20-2005
On 2005-05-19, GaryM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Stefan =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Gro=DFhauser?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:428cf037$0$7679$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> In the book "Internet Programmierung mit Java" (data becker
>> verlag) is a java mail programme described.
>> I don't know if it supports IMAP.
>> But the code is on CD.



> Also take a look a James.


I hear that JBoss is doing mail now. Read it on the Bile Blog. Haven't
looked into it myself.

I use JavaMail and qmail for all my mail needs.

--
Alan Gutierrez - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
- http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html
- http://engrm.com/blogometer/rss.2.0.xml
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
501 PIX "deny any any" "allow any any" Any Anybody? Networking Student Cisco 4 11-16-2006 10:40 PM
connecting "Clinics and labs" opensource package any? GS Java 0 08-28-2006 03:11 PM
Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource? cracker Python 2 05-19-2006 08:33 AM
Pls advice: Best OpenSource Java Framework/Portal for this requirements? Tomasz Java 0 07-13-2005 10:56 AM
New P2P , Java&Randezvous based .. OpenSource Lawrence Java 0 12-16-2004 04:18 AM



Advertisments