Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > tomcat: how do i disable caching?

tomcat: how do i disable caching?

Chris Widmer

hi,

i want to display an image output.png that i have dynamically created
with gnuplot on my jsp file. the image is displayed as broken frequently
and i suspece there is a problem with caching. how do i disable caching
on tomcat?

thanks,
chris

Mukesh Gupta

HI chris,

You porpose of using the img is not clear. As far as i understand your
requirment i think you can use java.awt.image.BufferedImage and use
servlet to display img in jsp.

Mukesh

Wendy Smoak

"Chris Widmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i want to display an image output.png that i have dynamically created
> with gnuplot on my jsp file. the image is displayed as broken frequently
> and i suspece there is a problem with caching. how do i disable caching
> on tomcat?

View the HTML source of the page when the image is working as well as
broken. Is the generated HTML different?

What kind of caching do you think Tomcat is doing that would cause this?

--
Wendy

sstarcher sstarcher is offline
Junior Member

Sorry for bumping this, but I have been looking for the same thing for the past several days.

I'm essentially generating a file on the server that I then want to give the user a link to in the html page. The tomcat server is caching the file and unless the server is restarted the file does not change.

Same thing happens if I try to create an entirely new file while tomcat is up it will not recognize the file until I restart the server. Talking about just a plain text file etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you