Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Game Speed With Java...

Game Speed With Java...

JariTapio

Hei!

I was thinkin about the speed of the Java
graphic commands and i hav noticed that
all the command are really really slow even
with my AMD 1.733 Athlon...

So, If i go to make a shoot em up with
graphics what graphic commands i need
to learn and is there any tricks to do graphics
screen full of action...

JariTapio/Helsinki/13may2005
www.EuroJari.com

Alun Harford

"JariTapio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsz5he.303$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hei!
>
> I was thinkin about the speed of the Java
> graphic commands and i hav noticed that
> all the command are really really slow even
> with my AMD 1.733 Athlon...
>
> So, If i go to make a shoot em up with
> graphics what graphic commands i need
> to learn and is there any tricks to do graphics
> screen full of action...

OpenGL.

Alun Harford

Chris Smith

Alun Harford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> OpenGL.

There are OpenGL implementations for Java using native code. The
standard route, however, is Java3D. Java3D is a higher level scene-
graph oriented API for 3D graphics, and is available as a standard
extension for the Java platform. On most platforms, it will be
implemented on top of OpenGL. On Windows you have a choice between an
OpenGL or Direct3D-based reference implementation from Sun.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

JariTapio

> I was thinkin about the speed of the Java
> graphic commands and i hav noticed that
> all the command are really really slow even
> with my AMD 1.733 Athlon...
>
> So, If i go to make a shoot em up with
> graphics what graphic commands i need
> to learn and is there any tricks to do graphics
> Applet screen full of action...

OpenGL And DirectX,
Hmmm... I hav never used neither with Java,
Please,where can I download SDKs for them...

Thanks anyway...

JariTapio/Helsinki/14may2005
www.EuroJari.com