Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > An idea

An idea

Ross Bamford

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 05:20 -0700, CodeFutures wrote:
> > It's just that
> > something is telling me there's more in this ...
> >

> It was very interesting to read your thought processes as you stumbled
> onto the vast area of Java persistence. You've taken a good logical
> approach ... however, there's really no point in reinventing
> everything. You should leverage what has been done before. Since
> you're keen on OSS, I'd guess that you're going to end up looking at
> Hibernate pretty soon.

I've been using Hibernate for quite some time, and in fact use it
currently as the backing store for my project. It was while working on
some integration issues that this silly idea popped into my head and I
thought I'd see if there was mileage in it.

Not to develop it, you understand, but as a purely theoretical "Bounce
this around" kind of thing (I'm deprived of communication 8,( )

I 'stumbled' onto Java Persistence before Java was called Java.

Ross

--
[Ross A. Bamford] [ross AT the.website.domain]
Roscopeco Open Tech ++ Open Source + Java + Apache + CMF

Re: App idea, Any idea on implementation? Matthew_WARREN@bnpparibas.com Python 0 02-05-2008 05:50 PM
App idea, Any idea on implementation? Dr Mephesto Python 3 02-05-2008 06:55 AM
got an idea stlava Case Modding 8 07-14-2005 08:39 AM
Nested conditional expressions ---- good idea/bad idea? nimmi_srivastav@yahoo.com C Programming 10 02-02-2005 10:51 PM
An idea for mail notification David Harrison Firefox 2 11-21-2003 06:19 PM

Advertisments