Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Real SOA implementation (at least Java AND .NET) example with SOAP, WSDL, UDDI

Real SOA implementation (at least Java AND .NET) example with SOAP, WSDL, UDDI

tomjbr.10216233@bloglines.com

Where can I find a step-by-step guide that illustrates how to implement
a SOA with Web Services (including UDDI !) ???

There seem to be different definitions about what a SOA is, but what I
now am looking for specifically is both the implementation transparency
(platform independence, i.e. not just a simple java-java or .NET-.NET
example) and the location transparency, as defined in the Service
Directory pattern, which is one part of the Service-Oriented
Architecture pattern (and the other part is the Architecture Adapter
pattern which takes care of the implementation transparency) in the
book "Web Service Patterns" by Paul B. Monday (that book only considers
java in the implementation).

To be more specific, I would like to see a step-by-step instruction
(including configuration details, and parameters to comand line tools
such as WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL) that describes all details about how
to create a working example with implementation transparency (Java AND
..NET) and location transparency (with UDDI) as described below:

(1) How to create one .NET web service (C# or VB.NET) and one Java Axis
web service that both supports the same WSDL interface.

(2) How to create a .NET client proxy and a Java Axis client proxy that
can use the same client class/interface to easy switch between the two
web service URLs created in step 1 above

(3) How to install and configure an open source UDDI server (such as
jUDDI) and then how to publish the web services created in step 1, with
the same WSDL and a common tModel key for the WSDL.

(4) How to use the UDDI API from both the Java Axis client and the .NET
client to dynamically find the URLs of the published web services that
supports the WSDL interface that was given a certain tModel key to
search for in step 3 above.

I have almost managed to do the first two steps, and have been able to:

Invoke Java WS from Java client
Invoke C# WS from C# client
Invoke Java WS from C# client
as described in the following usenet thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=s...84293.231280.1...
But I have yet not succeeded to invoke C# WS from Java client by trying
to use the same WSDL interface, since I from .NET will get the error
message "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
.."

/ Tom

sapphire.preeti sapphire.preeti is offline
Junior Member

Hi Mate... Im looking for exactly the same thing... the only difference is your probably actually implementing it... I may do that later... but right now I am researching on the different solutions....

I would like to know the different solutions available for each of the SOA component... protocols.. Advertising Discovery ... etc.... I have come across many possible solutions... but I want a physical example of this can be done this way sort of thing... and I can't find anything specific....

Again I am very well aware of UDDI and WSDl... but can't get any specific material that could lead my research

You mentioned you have almost done the first two parts...
If you could help by giving me some ideas ... please do so

Thank you

Regards

Preeti

Last edited by sapphire.preeti; 04-11-2010 at 02:33 PM..