Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Using ant inside a java application?

Using ant inside a java application?

Marc Eckart

Hi,

I have written a source generator which, the name points out , generates
source code. Now I want to compile the output and do some other stuff with
the class files. I have an ant build.xml which has the necessary tasks, but
I don't know how to call them from inside my application.

I looked at the manual and the javadocs of ant, but it doesn't brought me
any further....

Any suggestions?

Greetz,
Marc

Arnaud Berger

Hi,

Look at the scripts that launch ant (bat, sh)

They all call the class org.apache.tools.ant.Main followed by usual options.
This (and maybe ant sources) may help you start.

Regards,

Arnaud

d5qei8$fcf$(E-Mail Removed)-darmstadt.de...