Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > a Multiplayer Pong, hmmm...

a Multiplayer Pong, hmmm...

JariTapio

Hei!

I was just wonderin as a new with Java and
seen some code of Visual C++ that is it possible
with Java to make an multiplayer pong to your home
page to people to play...

JariTapio/Helsinki/2005
www.EuroJari.com

Knute Johnson

JariTapio wrote:
> Hei!
>
> I was just wonderin as a new with Java and
> seen some code of Visual C++ that is it possible
> with Java to make an multiplayer pong to your home
> page to people to play...
>
> JariTapio/Helsinki/2005
> www.EuroJari.com

JariTapio:

I don't know why not. Did you take a look at my Pong program?

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/

JariTapio

> I don't know why not. Did you take a look at my Pong program?
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson
> email s/nospam/knute/

Do you know the code what it takes to make an homepage java applet pong for
multiplayers at their own
homes...

thats Ultimatus O Pong :

Please tell me how you see the code and what are server
and client commands...

i will be waiting with a great huusiasim...

Knute Johnson

JariTapio wrote:
>>I don't know why not. Did you take a look at my Pong program?
>>
>>--
>>
>>Knute Johnson
>>email s/nospam/knute/

> Do you know the code what it takes to make an homepage java applet pong for
> multiplayers at their own
> homes...
>
> thats Ultimatus O Pong :
>
> Please tell me how you see the code and what are server
> and client commands...
>
> i will be waiting with a great huusiasim...

Well I was thinking two players at a computer not a player at two
computers . You would have to have a really fast connection with
very low latency. Not sure it would work over the internet. UDP
communication is pretty quick though. Maybe the communications delay
could be taken up in the paddle. Pausing for the latency period to let
the other side catch up. I'll have to think about this a little.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/

Wireless network and Age of Empires Expansion multiplayer =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIFcu?= Wireless Networking 1 04-05-2005 07:31 PM
my first 3D Multiplayer game using directplay (troubles with AppWizard's code) Lt C++ 5 10-23-2004 01:08 PM
Baldur's Gate Multiplayer Problem Dennis Andersen Computer Support 1 07-22-2004 08:48 AM
Multiplayer Issues Computer Support 0 01-02-2004 02:28 AM
Multiplayer Decoder Question ? michael Computer Support 0 09-05-2003 05:53 AM

Advertisments