Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > block internet connection

block internet connection

IveCal

Hello!
I need your professional help!
I and my friend are building a system for internet access among users
using Java. All users have existing accounts in the system. We have the
following objectives:
1) allow the user to access the internet only if authenticated by the
system,
2) monitor the total number of bytes used per user,
3) disconnect once the limit of allowed bytes is exceeded.
The problem we encountered is on how to connect/disconnect a user from
using the internet. What should we do! We're creating this system with
openBSD 3.6 as server! Does openBSD pf necessary into this scenario? If
yes, how? Pls reply!