Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Anyone know of a good, free UML tool for Java....

Anyone know of a good, free UML tool for Java....

Arne Styve

Hi,

I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling that
supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
suggestions ?

It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.

Thanks!

Arne

Arnaud Berger

Hi,

Here are some UML plugins for Eclipse :

http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclips...p?category=UML

Regards,

Arnaud

"Arne Styve" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message news:
d57ncq$7sk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling

that
> supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
> suggestions ?
>
> It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Arne

Arne Styve

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your tip, but I know about this list.

The problem with that list is that tools that claim to be free, turns out to
be a free trail, or a very limited version of the tool. Hence my question
still stands.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
Arne
"Arnaud Berger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d57njt$qfs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Here are some UML plugins for Eclipse :
>
> http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclips...p?category=UML
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnaud
>

> "Arne Styve" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message news:
> d57ncq$7sk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling

> that
>> supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
>> suggestions ?
>>
>> It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Arne

Wayne

Arne Styve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling that
> supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
> suggestions ?
>
> It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Arne

Try ArgoUML: http://argouml.tigris.org/

-Wayne

Arne Styve

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your tip.

Absolutely a tool to consider for lectures.

However, might look a littlebit too lightweigth at the first glance...

Thanks again !

Regards
Arne Styve

"Wayne" <wayne@nospam.4me.invalid> wrote in message
news:W%gee.44412$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Arne Styve wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling
>> that supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
>> suggestions ?
>>
>> It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Arne

> Try ArgoUML: http://argouml.tigris.org/
>
> -Wayne

Hal Rosser

"Arne Styve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d57ncq$7sk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling

that
> supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
> suggestions ?
>
> It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
>
> Thanks!

Try these 2 free versions:
ArgoUML
and
Poseidon
Between the 2 you can have 2-way conversion - java to UML and UML to Java

Arne Styve

Thanks Hal,

Have looked at Poseidon, and the free version does not support Java to UML,
only UML to Java. (unless I've missed out on something ?)

Regards
Arne

"Hal Rosser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%Jtfe.3358$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Arne Styve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d57ncq$7sk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling

> that
>> supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
>> suggestions ?
>>
>> It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Try these 2 free versions:
> ArgoUML
> and
> Poseidon
> Between the 2 you can have 2-way conversion - java to UML and UML to Java

Hal Rosser

Look at my post again -
My suggestion was Poseidon AND ArgoUML (free versions)
Poseidon does UML to Java (not both)
and
ArgoUML does Java to UML (not both)
between the 2 of them you've got both

"Arne Styve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d5pnub$o7r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Hal,
>
> Have looked at Poseidon, and the free version does not support Java to

UML,
> only UML to Java. (unless I've missed out on something ?)
>
> Regards
> Arne

Which is the best free UML tool ? Tintin92 Java 15 05-18-2007 08:42 AM
Free UML tool staff Java 4 01-11-2005 12:38 PM
[OT] "UML for Java Programmers" or "UML Distilled" Rogue Chameleon Java 0 10-18-2004 02:27 PM
[OT] UML question / UML newsgroup Stefan Siegl Java 0 09-06-2004 08:40 AM
Free UML tool with XMI support (activity diagram..) Fredy XML 0 07-13-2004 04:48 PM

Advertisments