Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java seems not to find a class from rt.jar ;)

java seems not to find a class from rt.jar ;)

Maciek Zywno

Hi,

I use axbridge (activeX) technology to access sun jvm from IIS server.
My jar is wrapped and deployed as COM object. JVM is instantiated by
windows as IIS request certain java object, but I get the exception that
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory was not found. However it is in
rt.jar of my jre.

It is strange to me as this class is inside rt.jar which afaik contains
all basic classes. JRE 1.5 is used. Any ideas? What am I missing?

Regards
Maciek

Maciek Zywno

Maciek Zywno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use axbridge (activeX) technology to access sun jvm from IIS server.
> My jar is wrapped and deployed as COM object. JVM is instantiated by
> windows as IIS request certain java object, but I get the exception that
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory was not found.

The exception is displayed by java console (I set java plugin to start
in debug mode). Unfortunately I cannot copy the error here.. (it
NoClassDefFoundError). The console shows that jre 1.5.0_02 is used.

Regards