Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to call run() of Canvas from MIDlet ?

How to call run() of Canvas from MIDlet ?

Darryl Pierce

Boki wrote:
> If I want to check the thread is dead:
>
> =========================
> if ( myThread = null ) { ... } ;
> =========================
> Is that right? or add other variable/flag to detect?

No, the reference to the Thread will not become magically null when the
Thread stops. You check the Thread.isAlive() API for the Thread's active
state.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

Darryl Pierce

Boki wrote:
> I test keyPressed() that can't report soft keys on S700i, K700i, K750i...

Canvas.keyPressed() is not required to report all keys, including the
soft keys and any special keys on the handset. Only the UTI-9 keys are
required to be reported. Since those keys are special purpose, and since
the soft keys are already covered by the Command class, the OEM doesn't
have to report them. If the phone's not reporting them, it's not a bug
nor a defect: it's just inconvenient.