Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > struts - how to display image from database ?

struts - how to display image from database ?

Maciej

hello,

I have a problem in displaying image in jsp from database.
i use Hibernate to retrive data from db, after that I pass list of objects to jsp.

One object contains some string fields and one byte[] field with uploaded picture.
to display object's string fields in jsp i use for example
<bean:write name="obiekt" property="powUzytkowa" />

How to display image, which is stored in object's field as byte[] ?

best regards,
Maciej

gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com

You need to create a separate servlet having it's own url.
It must assign the MIME type and write the binary code.

Your code doesn't work because the image will be displayed
with a text/html MIME type.