Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Registrar Program Help

Registrar Program Help

IRON HORSE 430

I need help on the following:

Problem Statement:

A registrar maintains records for a collection of courses, sections,
instructors and students. Any course, which is given a name, and is
offered through some department in the school, may be referenced through
its course number. Courses are scheduled as sections in an academic year
which is broken down into Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring terms. Each
section is assigned an instructor who is a member of the department
which offers the course. Students are registered to a specific section
of a course. It is important to record an instructor's and a student's
full first and last name. For the student, it is also important to
record an identification number.

The task is to design and implement an object-oriented (no GUI) Java
program which may be used to assist a registrar in maintaining its
collection of records.

Specifically, the program will need to provide operations to:

*add a course to the records maintained within the application
*add an instructor to the records maintained within the application
*add a student to the records maintained within the application
*list the courses maintained within the application
*list the instructors maintained within the application
*list the students maintained within the application
*schedule a section of a course within a semester
*assign an instructor to a course section
*register students to a course section
*list all sections taught by an instructor
*list all sections for which a student is registered
*delete a student from a course section

Anyone have any code for this or know a good resource to get code for this?

Betty

"IRON HORSE 430" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:y%g9e.2904$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I need help on the following:
>
> Problem Statement:
>
> A registrar maintains records for a collection of courses, sections,
> instructors and students. Any course, which is given a name, and is
> offered through some department in the school, may be referenced through
> its course number. Courses are scheduled as sections in an academic year
> which is broken down into Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring terms. Each
> section is assigned an instructor who is a member of the department
> which offers the course. Students are registered to a specific section
> of a course. It is important to record an instructor's and a student's
> full first and last name. For the student, it is also important to
> record an identification number.
>
> The task is to design and implement an object-oriented (no GUI) Java
> program which may be used to assist a registrar in maintaining its
> collection of records.
>
> Specifically, the program will need to provide operations to:
>
> *add a course to the records maintained within the application
> *add an instructor to the records maintained within the application
> *add a student to the records maintained within the application
> *list the courses maintained within the application
> *list the instructors maintained within the application
> *list the students maintained within the application
> *schedule a section of a course within a semester
> *assign an instructor to a course section
> *register students to a course section
> *list all sections taught by an instructor
> *list all sections for which a student is registered
> *delete a student from a course section
>
> Anyone have any code for this or know a good resource to get code for

this?

homework --> tutor

Thomas Weidenfeller

IRON HORSE 430 wrote:
> I need help on the following:
>
> Problem Statement:
>
> A registrar maintains records for a collection of courses, sections,
> instructors and students.

We don't do homework here.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

IRON HORSE 430

Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
> IRON HORSE 430 wrote:
>
>> I need help on the following:
>>
>> Problem Statement:
>>
>> A registrar maintains records for a collection of courses, sections,
>> instructors and students.

> We don't do homework here.
>
> /Thomas

This is not homework but thanks for the reply.

Transferring a .com domain from a Japanese registrar to our NZ registrar Alan NZ Computing 7 11-16-2008 07:59 PM
master registrar Roedy Green Java 0 05-29-2004 08:30 AM
Check the services provided by domain registrar ASK HTML 1 04-09-2004 03:39 AM
Cisco Access Registrar Dean Cisco 0 11-17-2003 10:05 PM
dhcp-client-identifier in CNR (Cisco Network Registrar) vigi98 Cisco 0 07-15-2003 06:18 PM

Advertisments