Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > newsserver

newsserver

nehal

what is the difference between newsserver and newsgroup ?

can i use mysql as a backend for a newsserver ?

what are the advantages of developing the
newsserver using jsp/servlets ?

TechBookReport

nehal wrote:
> what is the difference between newsserver and newsgroup ?
>
> can i use mysql as a backend for a newsserver ?
>
> what are the advantages of developing the
> newsserver using jsp/servlets ?

What is the difference between a search engine and asking here ?

Can I use asking here as a backend for using a search engine ?

What are the advantages of asking people here instead of using google by
myself?

Joseph Dionne

TechBookReport wrote:
> nehal wrote:
>
>> what is the difference between newsserver and newsgroup ?
>>
>> can i use mysql as a backend for a newsserver ?
>> what are the advantages of developing the newsserver using jsp/servlets ?

> What is the difference between a search engine and asking here ?
>
> Can I use asking here as a backend for using a search engine ?
>
> What are the advantages of asking people here instead of using google by
> myself?

You mean, newsgroups just don't "pop up" on my computer?

Thomas Weidenfeller

Joseph Dionne wrote:
> You mean, newsgroups just don't "pop up" on my computer?

<Rajesh.Rapaka>
Newsgroups? This is Google Groups! What are you talking about?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...oglegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...oglegroups.com

</Rajesh.Rapaka>

/Thomas