Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Packaging Java App For Windows without Windows

Packaging Java App For Windows without Windows

Gerry

Hi.
I'm developing a Java application on a Mac.
I don't have access to a Windows computer.

Is it possible to package the Java application to be easily runnable on
Windows without needing an installer?

I would just like the user to be able to unzip the zip file containing
my application and be able to double-click something to run the
application.

This is commonly how applications are packaged on the Mac.

I am willing to assume that the JRE has been installed on the user's
computer. ie. not include the JRE with my application.

Thanks for any pointers.

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://www.mts.net/~gbeggs1/

R.F. Pels

Gerry wrote:

> I'm developing a Java application on a Mac.
> I don't have access to a Windows computer.
>
> Is it possible to package the Java application to be easily runnable on
> Windows without needing an installer?

Jar them. And there are free installers based on Java in which you also can
put the necessary JRE.

http://directory.google.com/Top/Comp...ls/Deployment/

--
Ruurd
..o.

R.F. Pels

Gerry wrote:

> I'm developing a Java application on a Mac.
> I don't have access to a Windows computer.

Make sure you get storing personal setting right for example. Oh. And
further, izPack looks nice to me...

--
Ruurd
..o.

How do I launch a new Java app from a running Java app? steve.albin@gmail.com Java 3 01-03-2007 04:59 PM
about packaging app in Java david wolf Java 0 05-19-2006 04:17 PM
"best practices" for a Java SDK packaging contents/structure ? Chris Markle Java 2 02-09-2006 12:33 PM
windows app embed java app Peter Java 0 02-22-2005 10:03 AM
Re: packaging windows services? Thomas Heller Python 3 08-04-2003 05:27 PM

Advertisments